Note:The property owner may revise the Building Rules & Regulations from time-to-time, so these may differ slightly from those contained in your lease agreement. These are the rules and regulations of the current owner, Hertz Investment Group, LLC.
Building Rules & Regulations
1. Landlord’s Entry. Landlord may enter the Premises at all reasonable hours to perform its obligations under the Lease. During the last twelve (12) months of the Term, Landlord may enter the Premises with reasonable prior notice to Tenant to show the Premises to prospective tenants.
2. Right to Exclude. Landlord may require that Tenant, its Affiliates and guests comply with each reasonable security measure that Landlord may establish as a condition for entry to the Premises, Building or Project. These measures may include submitting to a search by persons or devices employed by Landlord, presenting an identification card or pass issued by the government, Landlord, or both, being announced to Tenant and accepted as a visitor by Tenant, and signing a register on entry and exit. Any person who cannot comply with these requirements may be excluded from the Project. If Landlord requires a Building pass issued by Landlord as a condition of entry to the Premises, Building or Project, Landlord will furnish a Building pass to all persons reasonably designated by Tenant in writing. Landlord may exclude or expel from the Project any person who, in Landlord’s reasonable opinion, is intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
3. Obstructions. Tenant will not cause the Common Areas, or sidewalks or driveways outside the Building to be obstructed. Landlord may remove, at Tenant’s expense, any such obstruction without prior notice to Tenant.
4. Trash. Tenant will place trash only in proper receptacles inside the Premises provided by Tenant at Tenant’s cost, or in Landlord approved Building receptacles outside the Premises. Tenant may not place trash bags or trash receptacles in the Common Area halls or lobbies. Tenant may not litter ithe Common Areas inside the Building or sidewalks or driveways outside the Building.
5. Public Safety. Tenant will not throw anything out of doors, windows or skylights, down passageways or over walls. Tenant will not use any fire exits or stairways in the Building except in case of emergency.
6. Keys and Locks. Landlord may from time to time install and change locks on entrances to the Project, Building, Common Areas or Premises, and will provide Tenant a number of keys to meet Tenant’s reasonable requirements. Additional keys will be furnished by Landlord at Tenant’s cost. At the end of the Term, Tenant will promptly return to Landlord all keys for the Building and Premises issued by Landlord to Tenant. Unless Tenant obtains Landlord’s prior written consent, Tenant will not add or change any locks on any door to, in or about the Premises. If with Landlord’s consent, Tenant installs any lock incompatible with the Building master locking system, Tenant will: relieve Landlord of each Lease obligation that requires access to each affected area; indemnify Landlord against any Claims resulting from forced entry to each affected area in an emergency; and, at the end of the Term, remove each incompatible lock and replace it with a Building Standard lock at Tenant’s expense.
7. Aesthetics. Unless Tenant obtains Landlord’s prior written consent (which may be withheld in Landlord’s sole discretion), Tenant may not:
(a) Attach any awnings, signs, displays, window shades, blinds, draperies, or projections to either the outside walls or windows of the Building, or to any part of the Premises visible from outside the Premises or install any internal lighting that may be visible from the exterior of the Premises;
(b) Hang any non-Building Standard curtains, blinds, shades or screens in any window or door of the Premises;
(c) Coat or sunscreen the interior or exterior of any windows; or
(d) Place any objects on windowsills.
8. Directories and Signs. Tenant shall be identified on the Building’s directory in the main lobby and the Premises will be identified by one (1) Building Standard sign consisting of Tenant’s name and suite number located at the entrance to the Premises. In the event that multiple tenants are located on one floor, each tenant’s suite shall be identified on a floor lobby directory sign as well. The initial lobby directory listing, floor lobby directory sign, if applicable, and Premises sign will be at Landlord’s cost and expense, and any changes to the listing or sign will be made at Tenant’s cost and expense
9. HVAC Operation. Tenant will not obstruct the HVAC convectors or diffusers, or adjust or interfere with the HVAC system. Tenant will assist the HVAC system in maintaining comfort in the Premises by drawing shades, blinds and other window coverings in the Premises as may be reasonably required. Tenant may not use any method of heating or cooling the Premises other than that supplied by Landlord.
10. Plumbing. Tenant will use plumbing fixtures only for the purpose for which they are constructed. Tenant will reimburse Landlord for any damage caused by Tenant’s misuse of plumbing fixtures.
11. Equipment Location. Landlord may specify the location of any of Tenant’s business machines, mechanical equipment or other property that are unusually heavy, may damage the Building, or may cause vibration, noise or annoyance to other tenants. Tenant will reimburse Landlord for any professional engineering certification or assistance reasonably required to determine the location of these items.
12. Bicycles. Tenant may not bring bicycles or other vehicles into the Building or Premises. Bicycles and other vehicles may only be parked in areas designated by Landlord.
13. Animals. Tenant may not bring any birds or animals, excepting seeing-eye/assistance dogs, into the Building or Premises.
14. Carpet Protection. To protect carpeting in the Premises, Tenant will, at its own expense, install and maintain pads to protect the carpet under all furniture having castors other than carpet castors.
15. Elevators. Any use of the elevators for purposes other than normal passenger use (such as moving to or from the Building or delivering freight), whether during or after Business Hours, must be scheduled through the office of the Property Manager. Tenant will reimburse Landlord for any extra costs incurred by Landlord in connection with any such non-passenger use of the elevators.
16. Moving and Deliveries. Tenant’s movers are subject to Landlord’s reasonable approval. Moving of Tenant’s Personal Property and deliveries of materials and supplies to the Premises must be made during the times and through the entrances, elevators and corridors reasonably designated by Landlord. Moving and deliveries may not be made through any of the main entrances to the Building without Landlord’s prior permission. Any hand truck or other conveyance used in the Common Areas must be equipped with rubber tires and rubber side guards to prevent damage to the Building and its property. Tenant will promptly reimburse Landlord for the cost of repairing any damage to the Building or its property caused by any person making deliveries to the Premises.
17. Solicitation. Canvassing, soliciting and peddling in or about the Building are prohibited without exception and Tenant will cooperate in preventing the same.
18. Food. Only persons approved from time to time by Landlord may prepare, solicit orders for, sell, serve or distribute food in or around the Project. Except as may be specified in the Lease or on construction drawings for the Premises approved by Landlord, and except for microwave cooking, Tenant will not use the Premises for preparing or dispensing food, or soliciting of orders for sale, serving or distribution of food.
19. Work Orders. Only authorized representatives of Tenant may request services or work on behalf of Tenant. Tenant may not request that Building employees perform any work outside of their duties assigned by Landlord.
20. Smoking. The Regions Center complex is a SMOKE FREE environment. No smoking is permitted in the Regions Tower, Regions Building, Atrium, bank areas, elevators, rest rooms, corridors or elevator lobbies. Smoking is only permitted in the smoking lounge on the ground floor of the Regions Tower next to the Market Street exit.
21. Holiday Decorations. Organic holiday decorations are not permitted in any part of the Premises.
22. Certificates of Insurance. Tenant is to provide Landlord with certificates of insurance as required by Landlord, from each of contractor, vendor or agent performing work in, delivering products to, moving items into/out of the Premises and/or Building.
23. Firearms. The possession of firearms or other weapons in the Building or Complex is strictly prohibited except by security personnel authorized by Landlord's Director of Security.
24. Rules Applied. These Rules and Regulations apply equally to Tenant's Affiliates and others permitted by Tenant to access, use or occupy the Premises.