Important:Most incidents of important documents being thrown away were due to those items being placed on top of a trash receptacle as a temporary resting place and then forgotten.
Note:Regions Center does not offer to remove and dispose of office furniture and equipment, including computers, monitors and printers. We do not have the personnel or compactor space to handle these types of refuse.
Normal Office Trash
Regions Center provides removal of normal office trash and refuse that is generated during the workday Monday through Friday excepting Building Holidays. Note the following:
- Trash should be kept within the office - no items should be placed in the common hallways, stairways or freight elevator vestibules.
- Trash placed outside of trash receptacles, such as boxes that are too large for the receptacle, will not be removed unless clearly marked as "trash". A good way to identify this type of trash is to have your printer make up brightly colored trash stickers . The cleaning crew has been instructed not to throw away any questionable items.
- Never place important items or documents on top of trash receptacles as a temporary resting place. Most incidents of important documents being thrown out are because of this mistake.
Special Trash Removal
Special trash removal requests should be made through the property management office and not directly to the cleaning company.
- Your moving company should remove your move-in or move-out trash, such as boxes, wall protection, pallets and packing materials. Old records and files should be purged prior to the move to save your company time and money.
- Upon request, movable trash barrels are available for tenant use in performing file clean-outs. Ater your staff has filled the barrel, the day porter (subject to availability) will remove and empty the trash barrel from your suite during the day for a fee of $25.00 per barrel. This fee covers the labor cost of the porter as well as the compactor cost so that these costs are not absorbed by the other tenants. Submit your request for this service via the on-line work order system.
- The disposal of furniture and equipment, including computers, is not offered by Regions Center. These types of services should be contracted out by the tenant to licensed and insured contractors. Sometimes, the vendor who delivers new furniture or equipment will dispose of these items at no charge.